Creepy Series for Kids!
As we slowly creep into fall and the weather gradually gets cooler and the leaves change, it's the perfect time to dig into some spooky series. Looking for an engaging book for your little ghoul? Look no further than some of these creepy cute series for younger readers! These are perfect series for reluctant or struggling readers as well as those just getting into chapter books. You'll notice that serval of these books feature covers with Scholastic's "Branches" dog-ear that signify it as a beginner chapter book.
BEWARE THE HARE!
Is he or isn't he a vampire?
Before it's too late, Harold the dog and Chester the cat must find out the truth about the newest pet in the Monroe household -- a suspicious-looking bunny with unusual habits... and fangs!
- The Bunnicula Audio Collection (Contains the first three books)
- Book 2: Howliday Inn
- Book 3: The Celery Stalks at Midnight
- Book 4: Nighty-Nightmare
- Book 5: Return to Howliday Inn
- Book 6: Bunnicula Strikes Again!
- Book 7: Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow
Creepella von Cacklefur and her niece, Shivereen, visit scary Squeakspeare Mansion. There they meet Bobby Squeakspeare, a descendant of the famouse writer, William Squeakspeare. Will the spooky rooms and ghosts they find inside the mansion be friendly--or frightening?
- Book 2: Meet Me in Horrorwood
- Book 3: Ghost Pirate Treasure
- Book 4: Return of the Vampire
- Book 5: Fright Night
- Book 6: Ride for Your Life!
- Book 7: A Suitcase Full of Ghosts
- Book 8: The Phantom of the Theater
- Book 9: The Haunted Dinosaur
Eerie Elementary is one scary school! In this first book in the series, Sam Graves discovers that his elementary school is ALIVE! Sam finds this out on his first day as the school hall monitor. Sam must defend himself and his fellow students against the evil school! Is Sam up to the challenge?
- Book 2: The Locker Ate Lucy!
- Book 3: Recess is a Jungle
- Book 4: The Science Fair is Freaky
- Book 5: School Freezes Over
- Book 6: Sam Battles the Machine
- Book 7: Classes are Cancelled
- Book 8: The Hall Monitors are Fired!
- Book 9: The Art Show Attacks
- Book 10: The End of Orson Eerie?
Franny K. Stein is not your average girl -- she's a mad scientist. She prefers poison ivy to daisies, and when Franny jumps rope, she uses her pet snake. The kids in Franny's class think she's weird, wacky, and just plain creepy.
- Book 2: Attack of the 50ft Cupid
- Book 3: The Invisible Fran
- Book 4: The Fran that Time Forgot
- Book 5: Frantastic Voyage
- Book 6: The Fran with Four Brains
- Book 7: The Frandidate
- Book 8: Bad Hair Day (Hoopla Digital Audiobook)
- Book 9: Recipe for Disaster
- Book 10: Mood Science
When ghost boy Kaz’s haunt is torn down and he is separated from his ghost family, he meets a real girl named Claire, who lives above the town library with her parents and her grandmother. Claire has a special ability to see ghosts when other humans cannot and she and Kaz quickly form a friendship. The two join forces to solve the mystery of the ghost that’s haunting the library. Could it be one of Kaz’s lost family members?
- Book 2: The Ghost in the Attic
- Book 3: The Ghost Backstage
- Book 4: The Five O'Clock Ghost
- Book 5: The Secret Room
- Book 6: The Ghost at the Fire Station
- Book 7: The Ghost in the Treehouse
Alexander has just moved to a new town where he is about to uncover all sorts of monsters! He finds an old notebook with the word "DOOM" inscribed on the front cover. The Notebook of Doom, which Alexander now holds, contains top secret information about monsters!
- Book 2: Day of the Night Crawlers
- Book 3: Attack of the Shadow Smashers
- Book 4: Chomp of the Meat-Eating Vegetables
- Book 5: Whack of the P-Rex
- Book 6: Pop of the Bumpy Mummy
- Book 7: Flurry of the Snombies
- Book 8: Charge of the Lightning Bugs
- Book 9: Rumble of the Coaster Ghost
- Book 10: Snap of the Super-Goop
- Book 11: Sneeze of the Octo-Schnozz
- Book 12: March of the Vanderpants
- Book 13: Battle of the Boss-Monster