Top 10 Reasons to visit the library this summer!
Summertime at the library is exciting! We like to shake things up a little as the weather gets warmer and offer many entertainment, educational and cultural enrichment opportunities for our patrons. There is truly something for everyone at the library.
Our librarians compiled a list of the top 10 reasons to visit your library this summer:
- Live music in the air conditioning..… Our indoor concert series is one of the most popular in town. And it happens every other Tuesday through September.
- Reptiles, rocks, and reading! Libraries Rock! with all the summer reading program offerings! Enter to win prizes and don’t forget about our closing celebration at Lowe Mill on July 21.
- Speaking of summer reading, avoid the summer slide (and not the fun one!) by exploring our shelves for new materials. Does your school require you to read this summer? Find out here!
- Are you more of an e-reader? Not to worry, we have you covered.
- Learn how to surf this summer! The web, that is…with our computer training classes.
- ”Book" Your Vacation - forget taking time off work, spending hours navigating a crowded airport, and paying hundreds of dollars on hotels. This summer, take a totally FREE vacation to not only exotic locations but time periods both past, present, and future by checking out a new novel or series at your local library. Don’t know where to begin? Our Reader’s Advisory can help.
- Spend date night with us! Or bring the kids to a movie in Madison! More into film and discussion? Resident film critic David Lily is delving into all things paranoia on Mondays through July with his new film series.
- Travel to the Mississippi Delta to learn about the vibrant Chinese culture that has shaped the community for 100 years…….
- Plug in or unplug at your local branch. We have free wi-fi!
Be sure to make one of the 13 branches of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library your stop for summertime fun.