Voting Services at your Library
Did you know that the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library (HMCPL) offers certain voting services at their 11 locations? Here is a breakdown on how the Library can help you navigate the voting process:
Available at all 11 locations of the HMCPL, you can fill out a paper registration form and our librarians will deliver them to the Madison County Courthouse. There are deadlines to this that are important if you chose to register this way.
- Forms must be turned into all branches except the Downtown Huntsville Library by close of business on Tuesday, October 13 to ensure we deliver them on time.
- Forms must be turned into the Downtown Huntsville Library by Monday, October 19 at 3:00 p.m.
- We will not accept forms after this deadline. The deadline to register to vote is Monday, October 19.
- We have paper absentee ballot applications available for you to fill out. You must return this application to the courthouse. We will not deliver them for you. Applications are available at all 11 locations.
- Free notary for your absentee ballot envelope at Downtown, Madison and Cavalry Hill during business hours.
- List of nonpartisan voting resources that go in-depth on the issues on our civic engagement site.
- Free WiFi and public computers.
- Printers and photocopiers.
COVID-19 Safe Voter Events at the Madison Public Library
- Every Saturday in October with I Vote Madison from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Check out I Vote Madison's Facebook page for more information.